Zombie Survival is a popular multiplayer game mode in Garry's Mod. It features survivors who are fighting for their lives against zombies.
When a game begins, everyone starts out as a human. Before the round starts, there is a countdown which gives the players time to purchase items and find a base. After the countdown ends, the players closest to a zombie spawn will respawn as zombies . The zombie spawn points are marked in green smoke. After a round has started, you will take damage from the posion if you get too close to the spawn.
Before a round starts at least one player will need an to buy a Arsenal Crate. When a round has begun it is best to stick with other survivors, as lone survivors are typically the first to be killed. You will also want to stay inside of bases with other survivors for a greater chance of surviving the round.
- SMG: this is a basic weapon with low damage, but high rate of fire
- FAMAS: similar to the SMG but with slightly higher damage and accuracy
- Sniper Rifle: A slow firing sniping weapon with low to moderate damage
- Computer keyboard: These can be found scattered around on certain maps.
- Stun stick
- (more weapons requiring more points are bought at arsenal crates)
- Arsenal Crate: A purchasable crate at the start of a round. Used to buy weapons and ammo and must be placed before use. The owner gets a small amount of points each time another player buys something.
- Ammo Crate: Somewhat similar to the Arsenal Crate, This crate refills a players ammo for their weapons
- Hammer: Used to nail props to walls, can also be used as a melee weapon.
- Medkit: It can be used to heal other players up to 15% HP. It can also be used to heal yourself, however this makes the medkit take longer to recharge.
- The most frequently asked question in Zombie Survival is "how do i get through a nailed down prop?" If you have not bound a key to "suit zoom" under options, do it before joining a game. This allows your character to walk through any prop that has been nailed-down. Be careful when doing this as it slows your movement and lowers your weapon.