Propblocking is an act of disruption or revenge on Garry's Mod. It is normally performed by less expirenced propblocks, due to the relative ease of it or people wanting revenge on a particular player or group of players, due to the aggrivation that comes with it. Propblocking is a bannable offense on most servers.
DefinitionEditPropblock is a term used on most servers to describe placing a prop in front of a door or other opening. A propblocker is the term used to describe a person who propblocks. Propblocking is, in part, caused by servers using a prop protection script of some kind, thus rendering any prop placed in front of an opening immovable by conventional standards. Also it is important to mention, that propblocking is an important feature of so-called Pidors-Bagetts. They are people, who bring justice in the game all over the world and they are usually got banned for over million years.
Pidors-Bagetts are players who tend to ignore rules of the standard RP rules. They usually play only in order to block as many players as possible using the biggest props available on server. They claim that they bring justice in Garry's Mod in general. A typical Pidor-Bagett very often pretends to be an innocent victim of a crime, which he/she acutally did. They can become a policeman and arrest everyone on the server, even administrators. Pidors-Bagetts show their presence on the server by spawning watermelons from the sky, or horses. The longest ban ever known is 666 years for saying "Xd" in the voice chat.
Overcoming A PropblockEdit
On most servers where propblocking is possible, only an admin can undo a propblock by clearing a player's spawned props or a specific prop.
On some DarkRp servers, Police Officers that come equipped with battering rams can knock down any frozen, welded, or otherwise restrained prop. This is not a fool proof plan, though. The officer must request a search warrant, which can be denied if a mayor has been elected, and there may be another object, be it a wall or a second layer of prop.
Also, Any prop spawned by a player will disappear from the map when they leave the game for any reason, effectively removing any propblocking.
What Definitely is PropblockingEdit
Propblocking Definitely is:
- Placing an immoveable prop in front of a door
- Making a blockade in the middle of a given street
- Placing a prop in front of a door, even if it is not going to be used
- Spawning random prop in an enclosed space, so players can't move
- Having Cortez on server. In many servers word "Cortez" is used to call players that use magic of addon that is called "Alread's secret dungeon" to create invisible walls.
What is Sometimes PropblockingEdit
Propblocking is sometimes:
- Making a shop in a public location
- Barricading windows
- Placing prop in a space so that there's only a small window to look through (Mostly used by players who sell things in a Roleplay server)
- Making a maze out of props(only considered propblocking if there is no exit) (in some rp servers this is against the rule, doomfort)
- Using wires (in servers that allow wires), this can count as making invisible walls with E2 or walls that can only open to choosen set of people.
What is Never PropblockingEdit
Propblocking is never:
- Placing random props in a public area (This is still frowned upon, but is not considered propblocking)
- Obstructing someone's view using a prop or ghosted advanced duplication