// AaronIsNeato's Edit (October 10th, 2013)
To thoroughly enjoy Garry's Mod, one can start by immediately heading over to the Options. The reason is that Garry's Mod does detect proper options, but does not compensate for lag-spikes. To avoid this, simply set two or more recommended settings to one setting lower than the suggested, as shown by *.
Another way to enjoy Garry's Mod is to decided how and what you are going to play. There are plenty of gamemodes to choose from including but not limited to the following:
- Trouble in Terrorist Town (A popular detective gamemode)
- Traditional Sandbox (for Building)
- Traditional Sandbox (for Filmmaking)
- Basic Team Deathmatch (A generic take on modern first-person-shooters)
- Garry's Mod Racer (Recommended for use with the "SCARS SLIM" and "SCARS EXTRA" Addons)
- Roleplay ("Rp") (More or less a simulation of videogame life)
Another way to enjoy the game, is simply to look up a "Garry's Mod Let's Play" on YouTube. These can trigger ideas and ellaborate on how Garry's Mod can become fun in various gamemodes.
// AaronIsNeato's Recommended Additional Edits:
If you would like to describe Garry's Mod, please ellaborate on the following:
- Filmmaking in Garry's Mod Sandbox by use of Ragdoll acting.
- Filmmaking in Garry's Mod Sandbox by use of Posing.
- Building in Garry's Mod Sandbox without addons.
- Building in Garry's Mod Sandbox with recommended or otherwise popular addons.
- Trouble in Terrorist Town gamemode.
- Garry's Mod Racer gamemode.
- Roleplay or "Rp" gamemode.
- Insert gamemode here.
- Insert more gamemodes here.