|File:Prop gas can hl2.jpg|
Ignites anything it blows at
Comic Prop, Incendiary Projectile
The gas can is a prop coming from 3 games :
- Half-Life 2
- Left 4 Dead
- Left 4 Dead 2
The gas can from Half-Life 2 is similar to the Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 but can be distinguished by the fact that it has a darker red than the Left 4 Dead model. Among the 4 known models, it is the only one that lights anything it blows at on fire. There is also a second chrome model but this one doesn't have the ability to light anything it blows at on fire.
Left 4 DeadEdit
The gas can from Left 4 Dead is is similar to the Half-Life 2 one but can be distinguished by the yellow label on its side and it has a lighter red than the Half-Life 2 Model.
Left 4 Dead 2Edit
Left 4 Dead 2 has 2 additional models of gas cans :
- The first one is the same as the Left 4 Dead model but has additional orange in it, it is used for the scavenge mode.
- The second one is only seen in the Hard Rain campaign it is green and has the word diesel written on it.
As a WeaponEdit
The first Half-Life 2 model only can be used to ignite targets, all other models will can be used as Gravity Gun launched props.
- Grab the non-flammable cans with the Gravity Gun, then launch it into your target it will kill it in one hit if humanoid.
- The Flammable one can be launched at humanoid targets to ignite them.
- Players will be be not ignited, but will receive a damage similar to that of a minor explosion.
- It cannot ignite the map itself or non-humanoid NPCs.
They are fairly weak, and can only be used as gravity launched props.