Camera Placing Tool
The camera tool is a tool that allows its user to spawn cameras and control them. There is also the option to make a TV to show what the camera is seeing. This use makes for a good security system.
The tool has many uses:
- Easy screenshots.
- Advanced movie making.
- Monitoring, usually used on RP servers by people when they leave their home.
- More viewpoints on cars or any other structure.
Press and hold the menu key, (which is Q by default), then in the tool menu in "RENDER" select 'Camera'. The toolgun is now in camera mode.
- The primary fire, (which is MOUSE1 by default), spawns a camera.
- In the context menu you can choose if the camera will be static or will have physics effects.
- You can also choose to hide or display the HUD (Latest version no longer provides this).
- It can create windows so you can use many cameras at the same time.
It cannot view perimeters outside the map. Also, if you do not have a TV connected to the camera, you will not be able to see (on the screen) what the camera is seeing.
To open it, hold and press the context key (which is C by default). The context allows to its user to:
- Hide/Display HUDs.
- Choose a key in the keypad that activates/deactivates a camera.
- Make the camera static or not.